Oct 31, 2008

NUTMEG & ORANGE PRALINE TRUFFLES

I made truffles again! But these were the result of total experimentation and randomness, but turned out surprisingly amazingly good that I can't wait to make them again! Do you like nutmeg and chocolate? Well if you do, then these truffles are for you! I personally adore nutmeg and chocolate together, but add a bit of praline chocolate, an orange-y flavour and a crispy dark chocolate shell and you have got what I am posting about today. Unfortunately, I have only one photo to share (lighting was really terrible, I took the photos in the evening!) but it is better then nothing I guess! At least you can see how creamy the interiour remains when you bite into these easy-to-make and lovely to share truffles!


Recipe for Nutmeg & Orange Praline Truffles:


200gr praline chocolate
100gr liquid cream, 30%
Zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon orange essence
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
150gr dark chocolate, melted in a bain-marie
Caramel crispy bits (and can also be replaced with Praline crispy bits)

Heat the liquid cream in a small pot. Add the orange zest and essence and let the flavours infuse for a good hour. Transfer the liquid cream into another pot using a strainer in order to remove the zest. Heat again, then remove from heat. Add the praline chocolate, and cover pot, leave for 5 mins. Remove cover, and stir the praline ganache until it is smooth and shiny. Place ganache in fridge for about an hour, then shape ganache into small balls. Mix the melted dark chocolate with the caramel crisps in a deep container. Throw in the praline ganache balls so that they are fully coated, and remove with a fork onto a dish covered with parchment paper. The chocolate coating will solidify quite quickly, but the praline interiour will remain rich and creamy!

13 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Looks great!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul said...

That whole flavour combination sounds so good Marianna...you're becoming quite the "chocalatier".

Anonymous said...

These look and sound amazing! If only I had more of those ingredients sitting in my apartment... Oh, well. I was due for a trip to the grocery store anyway. ;)

Thanks for sharing! It's definitely a unique combination.

Anonymous said...

Just what is "praline chocolate," though, and where can I get it?

Marianna said...

Hi anonymous. I don't know where you are based, but here in France praline chocolate is very easy to find in the chocolate aisles. The name is technically "pralinoise" (for patisserie) and it's usually made from about 55% praline fondant. It has a very rich/creamy texture. Hope you find it! Good luck!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

These would make such an elegant Christmas gift. I love them!

vanillasugarblog said...

Aren't these fancy and a nice change of pace? Love these.

Anonymous said...

oh my word, these look and sound absolutely amazing! i bookmarked these as soon as i saw them and definitely plan on making these for my college friends as a wonderful christmas treat :)

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

These look gorgeous! What a great idea to combine all these flavours in a truffle. Yum :P

Nic said...

Ooooh, your truffles are AMAZING!!

Nina Timm said...

How on earth do you stay so thin and beutiful with delicious treats like this!!! I would not stop with one bite!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great idea. I love the combination of oranges and nutmeg, so I can just imagine how good these are with chocolate and praline!

The Clever Pup said...

This, like most everything else on your blog looks delicious. I will try it. I just wish the guys in my life ate sweets.