Jan 9, 2008

There needs to be a chocolate chip cookie recipe somewhere in here...

I figured that my blog may seem incomplete without a classic - chocolate chip cookies. Although they are not something I bake too often, I still have not found the secret to those chewy soft cookies that they sell at American stores over here...or at Starbucks even! What is that damn secret?!! If the answer is in one of those ready-mix boxes that are just missing an egg...well I won't give into that. In the meantime, here is a Lindt recipe with my addition of caramelized peanuts. Enjoy!


Recipe for chocolate chip & caramelized peanuts crispy cookies:

Ingredients:
  • 250gr butter
  • Vanilla essence
  • 300gr sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 340gr flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 300gr chocolate diced
  • 150gr caramelized peanuts

How to make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 180-190C
  2. Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar and eggs until frothy
  3. Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix well
  4. Then add the chocolate and peanuts. Mix all, place in a bowl and in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
  5. With a spoon, dipose balls of cookie dough on the baking pan, keeping 3cm distance between each cookie.
  6. Bake for 15mins. When ready, remove and let cool.

4 comments:

santos. said...

chewy=underbaking and shortening instead of butter. sort of icky, yes? but such yummy results.

Marianna said...

thanks so much! i've tried the underbaking technique, but they come up "fluffy" and cake-ish instead...hmm will do both underbaking + shortening next time!!
thanks again!

Robyn said...

I don't think I've ever had a cookie that combined the awesomeness of chocolate and peanut before! :O

OMG WANT.

I think underbaking is how I get the chewiness.

Anonymous said...

hey, love your blog and the picture above!! I'm still searching for that perfect thick chewy ccc, lots of recipes recommend the addition of brown sugar, and / or egg yolk for chewiness

biene